Located in northern France, Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer is a peaceful village with a rich historical background. Known for Omaha Beach and its WWII memorials, it offers a deep dive into history, paired with the charm of Normandy's coastline.
Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer is a small seaside village in Normandy, northern France. It lies along the English Channel and is known for being one of the landing sites during D-Day in World War II.
History and Culture
Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer's history is heavily influenced by World War II, being one of the landing points for Allied forces during the Normandy invasion. It is home to Omaha Beach and several monuments and museums dedicated to D-Day.
Average Length of Visit
- Omaha Beach: One of the main landing points during D-Day.
- Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial: Honoring American troops who died in Europe during World War II.
- Les Braves Omaha Beach Memorial: A monument dedicated to the soldiers who landed and died on Omaha Beach.
- Bayeux (10 miles, about 20 minutes by car)
- Caen (26 miles, roughly 45 minutes by car)
- Le Mont Saint Michel (73 miles, approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes by car)
The nearest airport is Caen-Carpiquet Airport, about 24 miles away. Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer is best accessed by car as public transportation options are limited.
Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer has a limited range of accommodations with several guest houses and bed and breakfast options. Expect to spend between $75 - $150 per night.
Food and Drink
Normandy is known for its excellent seafood and dairy products. Don't miss:
- Moules marinières: Mussels cooked in white wine and herbs.
- Camembert: Famous cheese originated from Normandy.
- Calvados: Apple or pear brandy.
Being a small village, Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer is generally safe with low crime rates. There are no specific scams targeting tourists reported.
Climate and Weather
Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer experiences a maritime climate. Summers are comfortable with temperatures up to 70°F, while winters are mild with temperatures around 45°F.
- Budget: $75 - $125 per day
- Average: $125 - $175 per day
- High: $175 - $225+ per day
Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer is a quiet village outside the tourist season, so plan ahead for dining and shopping options. Its history and proximity to other WWII sites make it an important stop for history enthusiasts.
⚠️ No COVID data currently available for this location.⚠️
Please be sure to research COVID restrictions for Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer elsewhere to ensure you have accurate travel information before you plan your trip.
See something wrong or missing? Edit ✏️ the costs for Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer
See something wrong or missing? Edit ✏️ the scores for Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer
🤩 Overall Score
🌡 Temperature (Average)
💧 Humidity (Now)
💧 Humidity (Average)
👍 Rated by Members
🚙 Trafic Safety
🇬🇧 English Speaking
👱♂️👨🏾 Racial Tolerance
🏳️🌈 LGBTQ+ Friendly
👩🏻 Female Friendly
👨👩👧👦 Family Score
🌡 Temperature (Now)
🎓 Education Level
👍 Liked by Eurotriprs
✌️ Peace (no wars/pol. conflict)
📡 Free Wifi
👨💻 Co-working places
💵 Income Level
😘 For singles
👩❤️👨 For couples
☔️ Rain (annual)
☀️ Sunshine (hours per day)
🚶♂️ Easy to get around
There are no Eurotrips for Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer yet.
🚧 I am still working on this feature. 🚧
There are no Interviews or Podcasts for Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer yet.